Friday, June 01, 2012

20 day journal challenge... Day 7 ..Family Traditions



AGAIN I skipped a day of journalling.   I was extremely busy yesterday, I just forgot to post.

Here goes Day 7.....

List some of your family traditions.  Which ones are your favorite and why?  

Well we have created a whole bunch of family traditions.   Here are some of them:


  • Family movie nights each week (either friday or saturday)
  • July 4th BBQ with the works (friends, fireworks, food etc), sadly this year we will miss hosting a 4th of July party due to being out in NY.  
  • A yearly trip to the ocean, either to the oregon coast, or washington coast.  This year we took a trip to ocean shores in washington.
  • The kids and James gets a set or two of pajama's every christmas eve.
  • Once a month we go to the movies in the theater has a family.  Sometimes it depends on the movie but we try to see all the kid movies or movies like Avatar with all the family.
  • Eat out as a family at least once a month. Sometimes this is the ONLY time I get to see my teenagers and actually talk to them.  At dinner time, they often quickly eat and leave.  Eating out at a sit down restaurants stops that.
  • A christmas eve get party with the family with tons of cookies and food.
  • New years eve we all stay up until the new year.
  • Thanksgiving time comes with turkey and the works.
  • James and I usually wrap the kids christmas gifts on christmas eve, usually drinking hot chocolate 
  • James and I open our christmas gifts to each other on Christmas ever night after kiddos go to bed and gifts are wrapped. 
  • Weekly Date nights, that is mostly a James and I thing but it still is a tradition.
I am sure there are more, I just can't think of any at this moment. 


I will have to say that all of my traditions are my favorite or I wouldn't do them.  lol   I love doing everything on this list of mine and feel that traditions are so important for families.

No comments: