Thursday, May 24, 2012

20 Day Journal Challenge - Day 2, Free time? What's That!


Today's Journal Challenge is all about free time.   WHAT FREE TIME!! is the question I ask myself when I read the days challenge.  :)   

So here's the question...

What do you like to do in your free time?  Don't just list, explain why, too.

IF I had free time,  see the IF....  I would love to garden.   Really, Kari? That's your answer.  Well it's true.  I would love to see the fruits of my labor and plant some pumpkins, green beans,  watermelon, and some cherry tomatoes.  Maybe I should have encourage Rae to do it as I watched while studying.  hmmm Anyways.  Sadly it is to late in the season to plant and I will be busy all the way up until we go to NY for the Hill Cumorah pageant in July.   

I love going on date nights!!  I mean who doesn't, right?   I love just the connections that come from going on a date with James.   It brings us back into working on us instead of everyone else around us.   It a time we focus.   We have even started to not answer the cell phones and check emails during date night.   The 20 calls a date night from the kiddos can get really tiring.   The emails from works can too.   I love movies, my favorite are the SCIFI ones.  Chick flicks are fine, but a good Scifi is even better.   Why do I like movies?  I love the fantasy behind them.  

I love spending time with my kiddos during my free time.   I was just talking to James today about how our teenagers are NOT embarrassed to be around us.  They actually love spending time with us.   There have been many times when they all  have specifically asked us to go on a date night one on one with them.   Just today, EJ called me up to ask me to go to lunch with him.   I mean yes, half of it was he probably wanted to skip Math (ha), but just the idea he wanted me to spend time with him one on one is amazing.   I would have never been caught dead spending time with my parents as a teenager.  :)  You will NEVER see me missing games for them either.  I love watching their games, meets, etc.  Now I will admit I like watching somethings more then others but I try to be at ALL their activities, even if it's split between 2 at the same time.

I would also love to start training again for a 1/2 marathon in my free time.  I just can't seem to find more then an 30 minute time frame to do anything now a days.  Why do I like to run in  my free?  Well, I love the challenge, I love the idea that I can run and try to beat my time.  I love how I feel after a few weeks of starting.  I love being able to THINK about the day and have my thoughts to myself.

If I had free time, I would write a blog post daily (that's if I had enough to say),   I love writing down my thoughts.  It is so very therapeutic, and I am a firm believer that writing things down is meant for you now and for future reads to help you through a process or a difficult decision.  I have learned so much about me from writing and from reading my old post entries.   

Let's see, what else do I like to do in my free time.  I would love to sit in my bed and read a good book.  Although my current book of choice is  Nursing research, APA formating book, and a Conceptual nursing book.  NO fun.   I love a good Fantasy book, like David Eddings and Stephanie Meyers, etc.  The reason, I love imagining the fantasy of the book.  

I found a new app on my iphone that I love.   Not that I have free time but you might find me on my iphone playing the "Moron test".   lol   It is a game that tries to stump you with different tasks.    I took me a while to get through the first level because of what a MORON I am. HAHA.   Download it and Check it out.  I like it because of the puzzle and the challenge it presents to me.  

Well I could go on and on about what I like to do in my free time but I have get back to watching a lecture in pathophysiology on the respiratory system and edit my 14 page quantitative research critique.  FUN FUN.   

PS.  My legs hurts!  .... over a 1.25 mile run is pathetic! lol.

No comments: