Friday, May 25, 2012

20 day Journal Challenge - Day 3 - 10 years from now, huh?


I am doing day 3 early in the morning because I have LOTS of stuff to get done today and will not have time later.

Day 3 - Imagine that it's exactly 10 year from today, describe what you'd like to be doing and what you'd like your life to be like.  

Well in 10 years from now AJ, my baby, will be 18 heading to college and 3 weeks awakes away from High School Graduation.   WOW.  Only 10 more years until I am an empty nester.  I just don't feel old enough for that.  But I am.  That is exactly what happens when you have your kids young.  You become a young empty nester, young grandma.   I will be 47 when all 5 of my kids are out off to college, life, married etc.  

What would I like to be doing?  Hmm.   That's hard to say.  I definitely would love to have a master degree and possibly be a Nurse Practitioner, but who knows how I feel after I graduate with my Bachelor degree next spring.  I definitely know I will be a very involved grandma if I happen to be a grandma by that point.  Which is quite possible with how young mormon kids get married.   I already have it planned out in my head that I will be trying to help babysit all my grandkids on a regular basis either so my kids and their spouses can work or so they can go away on yearly or biyearly trips.  So I will be flying all over to sees my kids and the grandkids. :)   I want my kids and grandkids to know I care enough to help them.   It's been hard not having this type of support or encouragement from our parents. 

In 10 years, I would like to take a nice trip to the Mediterranean.  I would like to go on an extended cruise and tour around that area.  

I see myself in 10 year as a mom, wife, grandma, athlete, and a RN or nurse practitioner.   I see myself being close to serving missions for the church and teaching people to come to Christ, to share what I have been so blessed to have.  

Overall, I will still be me, a person that loves my family, my church, and life.

No comments: