Wednesday, May 23, 2012

20 Day Journal Challenge: Day 1


Sunday's Lesson in Young Womens (thank you Sister Clarke for teaching!) was on recording keeping/journaling.  Sister Clarke asked us as a church class to take the 20 day journalling challenge.  As a leader and a person who loves to journal anyways I am taking the challenge!!

First lets me think of why am I doing this and what are the benefits of journalling?

-Helps you make difficult decisions
-Positive way to get rid of anger
-Help you think clearly when you're confused
-Helps you understands yourself better
-Makes you a better person, since knowing that you're going to record your actions can encourage you to do worthwhile things. 





Here is a wonderful quote to start off my challenge:  

"Keeping journals reminds us of blessings.  Those who keep a book of remembrance are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives.   Journals are a way of counting our blessings and of leaving an inventory of these blessings to our posterity" (Teaching of Spencer W. Kimball, ed. Edward L Kimbal, 1982)


SO here goes..... ( and I am a techie girl so my journals will be all online, no pen and paper for me!! :) )

DAY 1:   Todays challenge is to write about my day.  What was the best part about my day? What was the worst.

Day 1 has just started and I can already tell you the worst part of my day is starting to study for my pathophysiology class.  I feel like I don't have enough time in my day to get everything done.    I have to take a major exam on the respiratory and cardiac system by this saturday.   Last exam time I had only 2 hours to study 110 pages of notes, etc because I had no time that week to study.  I am not going to find myself in the same boat.   So with my house needing cleaning, a yard needing attention, I sit in front of the computer listening to a lecture on the cardiac system.  hmmm.    TO ME, homework IS the worst part of my day right now in my life because I would much rather be sitting in a very immaculate house.

Lets see...   Well I ran for the first time today in 7 months (remember I hurt my ankles with the 5 finger vibrams,   REMINDER don't run 5 miles the first day you get your feet in them).   Not sure if that will be the best or worst part of my day today.  Will I be sore? or will I not be sore?  That is yet to be determined. HA!.   I did run 1.25 miles, so being the first day back that is good. I guess? 

The best... well that remains to be seen as the day is still young.  I CAN say .. when the kids all left for school ..  but that is a lie because I don't feel that way.  I love seeing my kiddos and is the best part of my day.  To be honest, I can't wait for them all to be home so that I have a chore schedule to hand them HAHA.  (did I just admit that!!)

OH WAIT!  I did get a email this morning that made my day.   It was a notice that I am graduating from BYU Idaho with a Bachelors Degree in 2 semesters and needed to apply for graduation.  :)  BIG GRIN!!.   So I filled out my graduation application for graduation date of Winter 2013, and YES I will be taking a ROAD TRIP and walking down that graduation aisle in a nice black cap and gown.  

Another best part of my day I know will be, sitting on my bum today after the kids get home and being able to relax a little instead of having to taking everyone to practices all over the globe.   Ok so I still have to drive EJ to Driving School at 3:30 and pick Rae up from Volleyball  at 4:30, oh and pick EJ back up from Driving school at 5:30 (seems like a lot of driving around doesn't it lol),  but can now knock off picking kids up at school to take them to Lacrosse practice at 2:30, picking them back up at 5, dropping AJ off at his field to practice at 5, and CJ at another field at 5, and picking them back up at 2 separate fields at 6:30 and 7 respectively.   DID YOU FOLLOW THAT? lol   Lets just say I am just happy for the little bit of driving I am doing now compared to the last 4 months!!  YAY!!

Listening to the song that is playing by Kelly Clarkson (Stronger) is a best part of my day also, because it reminds me how much I so loved working with the Oncology kids at Mary Bridge during my preceptorship last fall.   (see the video in my post below of the clip from Seattle Childrens made by one of the oncology kids).   I didn't think I could handle it, but realized how much I can and love it!

If I had started my Day 1 yesterday, I would have told you the best part of my day was getting the email that my application for the Special Care Nursery Residency position at Good Samaritan Hospital was reviewed by the recruiter and deems worthy to send to the hiring manager.  :) ALOT better then a instant denial letter, don't you think? :)  That made my day.  Enough of me babbling around.  On to day 2... tomorrow....

No comments: