Thursday, June 21, 2012

20 Day journal Challenge... Day 9 ... wee little babe

Yes I know, it's been almost 2 weeks since I posted last.  I have been just way to busy with school, work, family, sports, you name it.   So on to day 9.

The challenge:

Tell a story your mom or dad has told you about when you where a baby....

Lets see.  I don't really remember my parents telling me stories of when I was a baby.  All I remember was my parents telling me I had the most bluest eyes they had ever seen.   They also insist that I was a sweet little girl UNTIL my sister Amy was born.  :)  I turned into a little devil after that.   My mom would tell me before she was born I would say, "Yes mom", but after I was a little stinker saying "No" to every little thing she asked or said.  The jealousy ran high I guess.  My mom also said I use to carry my baby doll around all day and night when I was a little toddler and had a name for it.  I think her name was Melanie.   I don't really know what else, because my mom never said anything about my babyhood.

Not much to say on this topic.

A little update for the family.

We leave on a plane headed for the Hill Cumorah Pageant on July 4th.  We are driving down to Los Angeles and I and 3 of the kids are flying into Cleveland and James, EJ, and TJ are flying into Rochester.   The reason we are taking separate flights is because I messed up on the tickets and also bought one way tickets for James, EJ and TJ.   Wanna know how I messed up?  Well just plain stupidity and not looking at an email.

This leads us into the reason why we are flying to and from California instead of Seattle.   EJ made Seattle Starz Elite Lacrosse Tournament team.   He will be going to the Sonoma Shootout with his team.  Sadly TJ did not make the 9th grade team (which really surprised us to be honest, but there were 90 freshman that tried out).   TJ will be joining the Maniacs tournament team and going down to the same tournament as EJ.  The trip will be interesting with 2 boys on 2 different teams.  :)

Ok now lets go back and explain why I booked tickets from Los Angeles.  If you open the link to the sonoma tournament you will see the tournament is is sonoma which is located in the San Fransisco area.  Do you think I looked at this small detail. NO I DID NOT.   And yes I did try to change tickets but $800.00 to change seemed so steep considering Los Angeles is only 350 miles away from San Francisco.  So long story short, James will be flying back to california 2 days before I do and he will be flying into San Francisco with EJ and TJ for this tournament.  The other 3 kids and I will be still in NY finishing up pageant and then flying back to Los Angeles along with a drive up to S.F.  No fun.  Oh well!  It teaches me to actually pay attention to details rather then just assume.

Anyways we are going to have a fun filled summer for sure!!

Oh and BTW EJ got his drivers license yesterday YAY!! It's already been nice having a 3rd driver in the home and he has taken over the tundra as "his own car".  I asked him if he would like to pay for half of it and really call it "his own car" to take to college and he nonchalantly said, "No, you can have it back before I go to college".   Hmmmmmm. Smart kid, I guess.

No comments: