Sunday, February 01, 2009

thoughts...

Since this post is all about ME ME ME I might as well put a recent picture up lol. Plus I hate posting without pictures :)

Anyways... Here are some Kari thoughts...

1. I love going to church (went to church this morning :) )! It gives me a purpose, it makes me whole, it makes me realized that there is someone out there whom really cares about a person like me. I am so glad I grew up Mormon. It has kept me on the right track. It has made me the person I am today. I have believed, loved, seen and felt many things that only the spirit can bring to a person. I have used the principle of my upbringing in the church toward life, and everything I do. I am truly grateful and blessed. Knowing that our Heavenly Father and Jesus loves us and watches over us is enough for me to want church in my life. Today's Church lesson was living a worthy life and all the blessing that come with that. No matter what happens in someone's life we always have our own worthiness and blessings that come with it. Am I worthy of our Heavenly Fathers great love, do I live up to my own potential, do I encourage people around me to live up to it too? Do I allow people around me to bring me down? I try not to but it is hard sometimes.. We all suffer in this world including myself, but how we handle suffering is what truly is a measure of a person.

2. Today is Super Bowl Sunday... The Pittsburgh Steelers are playing the Cardinals. I do love football, more so in person then seeing it on TV for sure. Right now it is the half time special and I fell asleep during the 2nd quarter. I couldn't sleep last night hardly, so was up most the night.:( Anyway's, I found the comfort of AJ and my kitty to snuggle with me on the couch and was able to fall asleep. The super bowl is just not the same when you are tired from a night of no sleep.

3. I should get my acceptance letter in this week for school. I am excited that my grades are awesome enough to be considered into this school. I have worked hard this year to get the grades necessary for the program. I am very excited to go and have something for me again. With the rustle and bustle of a family, I seems to always forget that I need an identity just as much as anyone else in the family. This is good for me to have something just for me and no one else. :)

4. This week I am getting my booty back into exercising to get myself in shape enough to run a 1/2 marathon. I need the challenge, I need to know that I can still do it (and live through it LOL) and do it well. I am determined to do it by end of summer and I will. If anyone wants to join me let me know. I will go anywhere to run it. I saw one in Moab Utah for fall. Might even do the Seattle Marathon who knows. :)

Well I think 4 thoughts are enough for today. I am going to go snuggle back on the couch with my little AJ (whom will be 5 next week).

1 comment:

Tfamily said...

My son was telling me about a rock'n Roll marathon. I guess at each station they have a rock'n roll band playing. I thought that sounded fun. My son also did the Ragnar relay which he enjoyed. Your have a group of people who take turns running all through the day and night until you reach the finish. I think they ran over 100 miles. Good for your running 1/2 marathon. I also love the picture you posted of yourself.