Friday, February 13, 2009

The Chicken Analogy..


So why the title. Well me, Kari, being as thoughtful as I am found a little lesson while out feeding the chickens. Weird, yes. Over everything I do I am a 100% thinker and try to incorporate everything I do into a lesson. :)

I have noticed that over the winter time our chickens have went from producing 8-10 eggs a day down to 4. Yes some of it could be that it is the winter months and they slow down production but the majority of the reason will be explained...

In order for chicken to produce a good amount of eggs there are a few things that are absolutely required.

1. they need plenty of water or they will molt and stop laying.

2. They need sunlight

3. They need food and a clean place to live

4. Mostly they just need Tender loving care..

Having said all that.. without these 4 main staples a chicken will not be productive and will lose the ability to function as an egg layer. And we as caregivers have been lax on this.. poor chickens.

Now here comes the analogy part. I have thought about this process in life in general. Without tender loving care we as people can loss our ability to function spiritually, emotionally, and physically. The most important need of any person is #1 food, and water, but coming close to that is love and acceptance from others. Excuse...definitely not! But over and over again we see the effects in our children, ourselves, and others who do not get the acceptance and love that is deserved. Yes we all deserve this basic need. Like the chicken, without tender loving care a person begins to molt each part of their hearts and a soul can die.

The nice thing is that we do have someone that does love us tremendously even if others around us do not. This person is kind loving and looks out for us. He is the man upstairs.... Yes, We we can only reach him through prayer but he is their for us. He loves us!!

Having said that though, we each as individuals also have a responsibility to be our brother's keeper and give the love that every human being deserves. Have I loved with all my heart? Do I give love to other with no question? Do I pay it forward? Do you?

In lieu of Valentines week, I myself am pledging to let someone know every day that they are loved!!! As much as I want to be loved, I am sure there are many people out there looking for love. We, and I need to find those people needing love!!!

Happy Valentines day!! I work tonight so will be one tired chick in the morning. :)

No comments: