Thursday, May 03, 2012

Lacrosse, School and Work Oh My......

Its been a whole month or more since I have posted on here.   Things have been pretty busy since lacrosse season started at the end of February.   With 4 teams to worry about (1 being James JV team) we are being pulled in many different directions.   AJ practices 2 days a week, CJ the same, either at 2 different schools at the same time overlapping with the Varsity and JV practice or all at the same time at 4 different schools!!  Then add on the 1-3 games a during the school week and saturday games for CJ.   NOT FUN!  Suffice to say I run from 2 pm to at least 7 (and some nights to 11 pm when games happen) every night with practices, games.   We just added Rae's volleyball schedule in the mix to these last 2 weeks.  :)  Life will be easier when EJ gets his license and can drive.  JUNE!

Another big change to the mix is I got into Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Brigham Young University - Idaho.   I applied for fall semester assuming I would just start taking the 3 classes that are not apart of the nursing program ahead of time.   I submitted my application on a friday, on monday I got a call from BYU ID saying they had a spot open up in spring and if I wanted to starts right away I could.   0_0.   Who would have thought!!  I not only got in as senior status, I got waivered from all my undergraduate classes.  I only have 9 classes to graduate (6 nursing classes, pathophysiology, a ethics class, and a family foundations (religion) class - studying the family proclamation).   It helps having an associated degree from them!  I will graduate in March 2013.   ROAD TRIP!!!:) 

Class started April 17th!   I am taking Nursing research (uhmm yah shouldn't this be a graduate course),  Nursing foundation, and pathophysiology!  It seems so weird being at a mormon school.  They quote the prophet's and general authority in their lectures, you hear/see "brother and sister" so and so in emails and podcast, and I get emails with people talking about church.  IT IS REFRESHING!!.   I was telling James the other day it feels so good to be at a religious school and it is so different.   

EJ is 1 week from starting drivers safety course (mandatory to get your license in this state) and on his way to getting his license in June.   It will be a relief and also scary.   There has been no time for him to take driving school during the crazy lacrosse schedule!  
EJ and TJ have been making money refereeing for lacrosse this past season all over seattle.  Good skills for them to learn!  EJ is the timid one and TJ is the brute that calls tons of penalties.  They work well as a team.  The eb and flow.

James still works at Zumiez , as a manager over the website (don't ask me his title is because I have no clue ha!), and I went down to 2 nights a week working at PSA Healthcare down from 3 nights.  phewww.   3 nights was way to much for me.  I am also substituting here and there for Northshore School District.  I have also just been asked to be a nurse for our church girls camp this year. I gotta think about that, as this summer will be very busy with summer lacrosse and the Hill Cumorah Pageant.  

So what's next....

Summer Lacrosse.................Trip to NY (Hill Cumorah Pageant)................Trip to Colorado (lacrosse camp)............ Girls camp..................High Adventure Camp.................Football Camp (TJ)............Football.......Crosscountry...........me having the summer off from school :).   Just thinking about it all makes me exhausted.  :)  

Anyways thats my update... Now back to my now 8 page (soon to be more) "Internet Critique" paper for my Nursing Research Class.  NO FUN!  

-Kari

*Will proofread later, no time to look over!! :) "*   

No comments: